Thursday, November 7, 2013

Discovered By The Germans In 1904

From Anchorman (2004). Googled from: provine.blogspot.com

Me: Mm, drink it in! It always goes down smooth.
Reader: What a beautiful blog!
Me: I know. I love this blog. It's a... It's a fact! 

I'm still tweaking...the format here, so bear with me and give me some feedback. I thought it would be better to have my commentary and such first so that you can read immediately instead of looking at boring figures and numbers. So here we go, it's time for the week 10 forecast for the Ul'Dah Immortal Flames!

The 6-3 tied for 1st Immortal Flames vs. the 5-4 4th place team.

Adds/Drops:
Dropped Terrance Williams - WR
Added Cardinals - D/ST

Thoughts:
Only one tough call this week, on paper anyway. Should I start Matthew Stafford, who is playing in Chicago against the 8th ranked defense, but still projected to get 19 points? Or Phillip Rivers who is playing at home in San Diego, German for a whale's vag against Denver's 22nd ranked defense, but projected to make 18 points? Well, I was going to start Rivers, but all of the "experts" at ESPN are all saying that Stafford is a better pick for week 10 than Rivers. It's a fairly wide margin too. They are unanimously ranking Stafford the 3rd best QB to start, while Rivers is ranked 8th with rankings as high as 4th and as low as 9th. Now both are top 10 QBs this week, so they'll both probably do well. ESPN rankings are not the end all for predictions and rankings, because you can usually flip a coin to determine if their predictions hold true, but I'm just using them for guidance because I am in ESPN leagues.

Speaking of ESPN predictions and projections, they are predicting the Immortal Flames to score 126 points. I always like to go with a more conservative prediction, I'll go with 105, which could be low (hopefully). My opponent, if they stick with the team they are listing right now, is projected to get 117, so pretty close. However, he has 3 key players listed as questionable to my Julius Thomas listed as questionable.

Projected Immortal Flames Starters:

Position Player Projected Points
QB Matthew Stafford 19
RB1 Matt Forte 18
RB2 Eddie Lacy 19
WR1 A.J. Green 14
WR2 Larry Fitzgerald 10
TE Julius Thomas 11
FLEX Knowshon Moreno 16
D/ST Cardinals 7
K Steven Hauschka 12
Total Projection 126

BENCH

Position Player Projected Points
RB Ray Rice 4
TE Rob Gronkowski BYE
QB Philip Rivers 18
WR Torrey Smith 8
D/ST Chiefs BYE
TE Jordan Cameron BYE
WR Percy Harvin OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment