Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fantasy Word Vomit

I'm starting this blog because I enjoy, maybe even love playing fantasy baseball, and now that enjoyment is spreading to fantasy football. Maybe it will become a medical problem and I will start playing fantasy basketball or hockey, who knows?

Anyway, I am just going to start typing about fantasy sports things and I will attempt to put things in some sort of order. If I'm lucky, maybe I can get someone else to read this besides myself.

Some history on me. I have been playing fantasy baseball for 6 years now, and each year I add a league to manage daily. Ever since I have started, I've had at least one team win 1st place and I have gotten better each year. This past season I had 6 fantasy teams, all ESPN leagues. Five 10 team leagues and one 12 team league. 3 of those were standard roto scoring, 2 were h2h each category, and the 12 team league was a custom 6 x 6 roto scoring league. I finished 1st with 4 teams and 2nd with the last two. Maybe as a way to make it though the off season, I will do an individual, in depth write up for each team.

So, I love fantasy baseball. I think I'm pretty good at it. So why not write about it since I like to write sometimes?

Now comes fantasy football.

I've been playing for 3 years. First season I did awful. Last year I tried two teams and finished in the middle of the pack with both. This season, I did a lot more research before the draft and drafted 3 teams. So far, pretty good. I'll be doing individual write ups on those teams, and my plan is to talk/rant about how the weeks go.

I will gladly take any feedback, suggestions, and comments!

UPDATE (10/30/13): The title is a work in progress. If you have an idea for the title, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment